AJ’s Oatmeal Scotchie Cookies
| Adrienne Johnson
This recipe makes a large batch of cookies. Makes 4 dozen. While this is not a BBQ Recipe - it is one of my family’s favorites and is a great dessert after a Brother Mel’s Southern Style BBQ Dinner or Cookout. The dough freezes well for up to 3 months If you only want to bake a few at a time.
- 2 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup butter (3 sticks)
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ½ cup oats (quick or regular)
- One 11oz bag butterscotch chips
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla beat until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir- in oats and chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes for a chewier cookie or 9-11 minutes for a crispy texture.
- Store in an airtight container.