Crowd - Pleaser Brother Mel’s BBQ Sloppy Joes
| Adrienne Johnson
- 2 lbs ground beef (optional: use 1 lb ground turkey and 1 lb ground beef)
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Brother Mel’s Spice Blend
- 1 Cup Brother Mel’s Southern Style BBQ Sauce - Original
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- ½ Cup water
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 Buns
- Brown ground beef, onions, and both bell peppers.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add chopped garlic and Brother Mel’s SPICE BLEND and continue to brown for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add Brother Mel’s BBQ Sauce, ketchup, water, and vinegar.
- Cook on low for 10-15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve on slightly buns.
- Our family likes to eat sloppy joes on slightly grilled Brioche Buns - Yummy!
- Add a little of your favorite cheese on top if you like.
- Use 1 lb beef and 1 lb ground turkey for a little leaner BBQ Sloppy Joe.
- Use 1 lb ground pork for a richer taste.
- If your family likes a little tongue-tingling spice - Use Brother Mel’s Hot and Spicy BBQ Sauce instead.